Company Name:Expedited Solutions (Company)
CRST The Transportation Solution is looking for Instructors for our School in Cedar Rapids, IA. The Instructor will conduct entry-level class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) road and yard training. Promote students successful attainment of employment upon graduation. Instruct defensive driving techniques and educate students on the safe and professional operation of a Class A Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal and State regulations. Assess individual’s ability to demonstrate the necessary skills to including knowledge of pre-trip inspections, Smith System, road and backing skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on instruction in the safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- Provide safety oversight throughout all training evaluations in accordance with course curriculum and company safety policy
- Master training requirements, compliance standards, and company policies to improve the processes and better facilitate training needs as directed by the NADTA Manager
- Provide management of students in a field training environments
- Coordinate the use of equipment resources and training range with other NADTA Instructors
- Ensure all NADTA training skills and criteria are assessed and scores are properly recorded for each individual
- Observe, mentor and make recommendations respective to individual training and developmental needs
- Evaluate students individually on their operational skills and assess their progress during each training evaluation according to course curriculum
- Counsel students as needed regarding skill issues and adherence to DOT and company regulations
- Train students in areas of weakness through constructive feedback and adult learning processes
If you are interested in this position please reach out to our recruiting team and they will direct your information over to our Human Resources Department.
Requirements:High School Diploma required. 5 years (preferred) of training or teaching experience or combination of driving and training experience. Preferred candidates will possess a valid Class A CDL license of at least one year. Candidates with a CDL of less than one year will be reviewed on a case by case basis based on previous experience
Hiring Radius Map:
Benefits:Benefits will be discussed during interview with Corporate Recruiting.
Experience Level:0-3 months